Team Building For Corporate Team CoachingSeptember 17, 2013
All decisions are strategic. Whether or not they “line up” to produce desired results and vision realization…that’s the real question.
An often seen Strategic Planning mistake is to totally separate the Strategic Plan and/or the Strategic Planning Process from the day-to-day business/business processes. For a strategy to be realized at the cellular level of the organization, it has to get into the drinking water of the organization.
- Begins with the Vision
- Includes Strategic Plan DEVELOPMENT and Strategic Plan IMPLEMENTATION
- Is based in Business Best Practices
- Always emphasizes Profitability & Productivity
- Is Inclusive
- Incorporates both Theory and Pragmatism
- Requires consistent Monitoring
- Often involves Coaching & [positive] Conflict Resolution
- Elicits “real time” Feedback
- Builds a Team for the “long haul” that is in search of Personal & Professional Success
Examples of Strategic Planning Experience:
- As a Vice President and Corporate Officer, [with my Team] designed and implemented a Strategic Plan that successfully took an operation of 3,300 employees and a $300MM P&L through a Chapter 11 Filing, Replacement of 4 Unions and Sale of 3 businesses. The RESULT: Return to profitability, Successful Union recall, 500% growth in Customer Commendations.
- As a Consultant, guided the Strategic Planning Process (from development through and includingimplementation) a working unit for a major international agricultural firm where the Vision was to become profitable through cost containment and employee engagement.
- In 2009 and again this year, I have been selected to lead a group of 15 CEOs with gross revenues of $400K – $30MM through a 6-month process of Strategic Plan Development. This is a prescribed process that specifically addresses Operational Strategy, Finance, Sales & Marketing and Resources (including H.R.). The Deliverable is presentation of a 3-year Strategic Plan for their business by each of the 15 CEOs.
- Continue to Develop and Implement the Strategic Plan for Futures Consulting (opened in 1980)
- Facilitated the Strategic Planning Process for more than 12 cross-functional teams in industries as diverse as: manufacturing, professional services, sales and marketing, new product development and utilities.
- Assisted 6 CEOs over the years with organizational restructuring planning to ensure infrastructure design to support Strategic Plan.
- Participated as a Member of the Strategic Planning Teams for 3 Divisions of a Fortune 100 company.
- Facilitated [at some points], Participated [at some other points] in the Strategic Planning Process preceding major contract negotiations.